Thursday, June 14, 2007

Meme

#1 Is it about the finished item or about the process of knitting? Some of both? Has your focus changed one direction or the other over time?

For me the knitting is about the process. The vast majority of my knitting ends up being for other people. I love finding the perfect gift, the thinking and peace I get well knitting it and the joy I receive when I see what I've created being used. I don't think my focus has changed much, though I have slowly in both sewing and knitting working in more projects for me.

#2 How do you view mistakes? Do you think they give your project character? Is it important to have one, as my Aunt says, because only God is perfect? Or would you rip all the way back to row 5 of your husband's finished sweater knit on size 3 needles to eradicate a mistake no one else would notice?

It depends, if it will affect the beauty, structure etc I rip it out. If it's something minor that can be fudged I tend to let it be.

#3 Would you rather knit a project that is comfortable for your skill level, or do you prefer a challenge that requires you to figure out new things?

I often start new projects just so I can learn a new skill. I do however get alot of comfort from knitting things that I have knit so often I can just do it and not even think about it. I always have a mindless comfort project going along with several more challenging projects to spice things up.

#4 What is something you really want to make but haven't yet? What holds you back? Is it money, skill level, time, fear of the unknown or something else?

I really want to finish a lace shawl. I am currently working on one but my focus knitting time is really limited still so it only gets worked on when the absolutely perfect moments arise. So I guess time is holding me back. I also want to knit a sweater for me. I have the yarn and the pattern but am very reluctant to start it until I have lost a bit more weight, I would be very sad if it took me 6 months to knit and then didn't fit cause I have lost the weight, and I can't start it in a smaller size cause then I'd be depressed if I finished it in 6 months and it was too small lmao.

No comments: